Statement of Intent
This policy sets out how BroadstairsLit use and protect the information that you provide when you use our services and our website.
It is our intention to ensure that any data you provide is managed respectfully, kept secure and only used for the purposes for which it has been provided. This policy will be updated from time to time in line with prevailing legislation.
When you sign up for our newsletter, we will collect your:
- Email Address
When you fill in one of our feedback questionnaires at a BroadstairsLit event, we will collect your:
- Email Address
- Telephone Number
What we do with this information
We use this information in order to inform you of future BroadstairsLit events, ticketing information, special offers and other related news. You can opt out of receiving this information at any time using the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of every email.
Under the General Data Protection Regulations which are effective from 25th May 2018 you have the following rights:
The GDPR includes the following rights for individuals:
- the right to be informed (which is why we have produced this policy)
- the right of access (if you wish to see your file then please make a request in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will provide you with the information within 30 days of your request)
- the right to rectification (this is your right to request changes to any information we hold that is factually inaccurate). If you believe any of the information we hold about you is incorrect then please let us know as soon as possible and we will make the appropriate changes
- the right to erasure (however, if we erase your information from our records, you will no longer receive newletters via email)
- the right to restrict processing (we will only use the information for the purposes that we have stated)
- the right to data portability: we will not share your information, without your specific consent
- the right to object (we will not contact you for marketing purposes if you have asked us not to do so)
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling (we will not use your information for profiling purposes).
Statistical Information about Traffic to our Website
We may, in future, use statistics software to track user traffic patterns throughout our site. However, we do not correlate this information with data about individual users. We do break down overall usage statistics according to where users linked to us from, and about their browser type, by reading this information from the browser string (information contained in every user’s browser).
Cookies are small files which ask permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive so that we can analyse web traffic to our site. Through this we can see which of our website’s pages are being viewed and are of interest. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but you can modify your setting to decline them if you prefer.
Links to other websites